Saturday, December 25, 2010

Chapter XIII: "Burden"

Meanwhile, atop The Sanctuary…

Journey, Heaven’s Herald keeps peace and order as acting Guardian while Sun is away. He is unaware that Sun has begun his life anew to aid his quest in understanding the change of Earth’s people.

“Where is Sun..? I sense him, yet I cannot place my eyes upon him. Perhaps this is part of his plan. I must not worry. My focus should be on maintaining Heaven’s sanctity, so that Sun will not be burdened. Oh, but how can I not worry when I know not where he is?! What if he has fallen ill? What if he is in need of us, but cannot contact us? I cannot send the Colossus down. It would cause a disturbance, and Sun clearly stated that he is to remain atop Heaven’s domain. What if that Hell’s Envoy did indeed deceive Sun? .. I cannot stand by while this troubling feeling stirs within me. I must see what the matter is about. “

“Colossus! I must head down to uncover Sun’s whereabouts. I fear that he may be in need of assistance. I cannot locate him upon Earth, but I do sense his energy slightly. You are to protect and watch over Heaven. I will be as brief as possible."

The Colossus roared abruptly in disagreement to Journey’s plan.

“Please, understand that I do fear the worst. I know what Sun’s orders were, however that is liable to change in a delicate situation like this. We cannot remain without action. He may be in peril.”

Though still not in full agreement, the Colossus decided to go along with Journey’s plan and assume the role of protector. He understood Journey's reasoning, so it was decided.

“I will make haste, trusted Colossus! I promise!”


(“I should seek Void. I am almost certain that he has something to do with Sun’s whereabouts. I feel uneasy about him. He is quite the disturbing fellow. He makes me nervous.”)

New York City.. night time. Journey materializes unnoticed upon Earth. It is 1986 a.d. according to the human Western society’s calendar.

“.. Ahh… amazing! What breathtaking scenery! So these are the monumental ‘skyscrapers’ upon which the other angels chimed about. Marvelous… I wonder if Sun has yet to witness these new creations..? Ah yes! Sun! My bewilderment of this city has lead me astray from my purpose. I must begin my search. Let us see… where do I sense your energy coming from, Void…?”

Bryant Park… a moonlit night, clear and crisp.

Amongst the illuminated silhouettes of the park’s trees does the midnight sky hold Sanctuary to Void, Hell's forefather. Within this domain does he often come to resonate and focus upon his evolution and expansion.

“…Heh. Is this who I think it is..? Well, well.. funny seeing you here in my neck of the woods. No pun intended. What can I help you with?”

“Void… much time has passed. I am here to inquire of Sun’s whereabouts. I cannot locate him anywhere. I know he is amongst us on Earth, yet I cannot pinpoint him. I hope for your sake that there are no tricks being manipulated by you..”

“Ha…  Really? You came all this way just to accuse me of something so ridiculous?! Listen, pal.. Don’t you think that if I wanted to get rid of Sun that I would’ve just done so?! You wouldn’t be sensing his energy then! And besides, that’s not what I want. Why would I destroy Sun when I’m looking to one day challenge and defeat his reign?!”

“….. Hmm… you make a valid a point.”

“Yeah, sure… listen, I know you don’t like me. You don’t trust me. I could care less. I’ll give you some parting words though before you go. If I were Sun.. I might want to start over in life. After all… he’s been around for so long. I would imagine it gets boring being within the same vessel for so damn long. He probably got tired and started the game over, so to speak. I do that sometimes with my drawings. If I get sick of the same ideas, I start from scratch. Think about that while you scurry about, and come back with something worthwhile next time.”

“…. (how rude..)… very well, Void. Just be aware that if you are up to any misdeeds, I’ll have the Colossus after you.. Heaven will not stand for any injustice upon those pure of heart!”

“… little messenger… you have a lot to learn about what purity is. See you around.”

With little avail, Journey returns to Heaven’s gates.

“I am back, Colossus. I see all is well. A job well done guarding The Sanctuary! I was unable to locate Sun, alas I did gain some valuable information. I feel that all we may do now is be patient and have faith in Sun. He always knows best. We must trust in his intentions. I am sure he is well.”

(“Could it be that Void’s suggestion is a possibility? Sun, agreeing to be reborn and start his life once more to re-experience everything from child-hood into adulthood and beyond? But, what of his memories?! I’ve heard that almost every soul decides to relinquish their memories and start their experience all over from the beginning. I never quite understood the purpose, but it is true that this is the trend of souls nowadays. Perhaps Sun did start over as well… but why?”)

“I tire myself with these contemplations. I should not worry. Sun knows in his heart what is right. I trust in him. May The Light watch over him and guide him towards his goal. We all pray for you, Sun…”

No comments:

Post a Comment