Monday, December 20, 2010

Chapter VIII: "Return"

(I was left in a state of bewilderment. For so long I had prayed for a challenge.. for that element to take me back to my peak of glory. I could never have imagined such a powerful answer, coupled with a sparked interest. I cannot shake his words off my mind… 

“..this is the result of your people… sorrow.”

Hell’s Envoy, Void… he not only answered my call for inspiration, but left me with a deep concern for Earth’s people. I swore to always be with them… to watch over them.. To be there for them. They all looked upon me and opened their hearts to love.. to life. If it is true that sorrow begets them, I must not ignore them in their time of darkness. I must go back.. )

    Heaven and Hell’s creators, both champions of their respective times on Earth, brilliantly exhibited why they were the best at their element. Both driven by passion, but with different perspectives exposed their ultimate artistic powers in a display that shook the very foundations of Heaven. Determined to once again face Sun, Void promised to return to Earth and raise to the next level… and claim his dream- ultimate victory. As did Sun have a new purpose now. Besides keeping his word to Void by training to keep up with him, Sun felt uneasy about the message sent by The Sorrow. He has decided to return to Earth after so long and make sure his people are well. This, after all was Sun’s promise, his will, his very purpose… to forever love those who gave him their hearts during his life on Earth. Our two opposing forces now bound by a common destiny. Earth-bound and ready for what awaits them.

“Sire! Will this be sufficient for your quest?”

“Ah, Journey, this will definitely do. I thank you.”

“Are you certain of embarking back to Earth..? What if peril lies beyond the horizon? What if this ‘Envoy of Hell' is tricking you..?”

“… I sensed purity in his words.. and… something else. I can’t explain it, but I saw.. nay I even felt such an immense aura upon witnessing the faces of woe from his beast's reflections. I sensed truth in his speech. I appreciate your concern, but I must go. ‘Tis my duty. Do not worry, my friend. I will be fine. Besides, I won’t be alone…”

    As Sun gazed up, with those words his trusted companion descended from atop The Sanctuary. He was ready to part with Heaven’s Guardian.

“You need not worry, good Herald. With The Colossus alongside I am more than safe. I hereby entrust Heaven’s Sanctuary in your safekeeping while I am away. Look after it with your honest heart and clear mind. I have the utmost faith in you, my friend. Watch over the souls of Heaven, its creations, and the sanctity of its peace. You may reach me at the instance of a mere thought. I will be there if you need me. light be with you. 'Till we meet again.. farewell.”

“… Bode well, Guardian.. I wish you good fortune upon your travels. I will do my best to uphold The Sanctuary while you are away. Sun… may Heaven’s will guide you. We will all pray for you.."

“Thank you to all… love be with you…”
  

No comments:

Post a Comment