Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chapter IX: "Elapse"

Ages had passed since Sun inhabited Earth. He was filled with an enormous excitement upon rejoining his place of birth and his brethren. Advised by his trusted friend, Journey, he concealed his identity, as to not startle those around him. Sun did not realize at first, but much time had elapsed. Due to the time line of history unfolded, his appearance as an angel would surely startle everyone.

    “For what reasoning am I to conceal my wings and identity..? I am Earth’s Champion. Surely, they will rejoice in our reacquainting. I do not understand.”

    “Your honorable Sun, I am most clear in your love for the lives of those on Earth. However, you must consider an appropriate perspective upon your venture. The hearts of those you have touched during your time are indeed eternal, but this is not so of their minds and bodies. They have not chosen the path of preservation. They have long passed and started their lives anew. They will not remember you. Nor will they accept you so easily as what we know you as. You see, your story throughout countless generations was engraved as a timeless legend, yet as those souls passed over time your record became parable. Most would not believe of your existence after so long. If they did in fact witness you in your true element, they might react out of misunderstood fear. For this reason I plead for you to take precaution.”

    "… I see. My ascension to The Sanctuary has been all that I know so long. The light.. this is what I have become. ‘Twas my dream and fruition of my innermost passion. Perhaps I have forgotten the contrast of what brilliance is. I feel this is why Void has came to me. He brought more than a challenge upon entering these gates. He was conveying a message. I see that now. Void, you are more than what meets the eye. I understand now, Journey. Thank you for your guidance and wisdom. I am clear in my actions. I will take heed."

    "… All is clear now. The faces of those distraught on Void’s Sorrow. They were not of my time. They are of the present day Earth. Could it be that they have forgotten the ways of their hearts and of their love for creating..? It does tie together with Journey’s theory. If this is so then I must remember my promise to them, for it was one I vowed to keep forever. I am always here for you, kind souls. My love is endless for you, for I remember all that was blessed upon me from your gentle words and unforgettable kindness. Earth, do not fear.. I shall make haste... "

    .. And so, our prized guardian ventures on with a sole purpose to answer Earth’s cry of help.

No comments:

Post a Comment