Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chapter VI: "Sorrow"

“I ascended to your palace to challenge your creative prowess. I am here to shatter my limitations and prove to all that I can surpass judgment and stand by my works. I will silence their criticism once and for all. In fact, I shall embrace them more so after this is over. Sun… you may harness unheard of levels of brilliance and happiness. Allow me to show you the other side.. Embracing the pain, this is my greatest tool and grandest experience. Are you ready…?” 

“You are indeed what I have waited for, but would never have expected. Yes, I am ready. Show me your Hell… and allow me to introduce you to my Heaven, alongside with my most powerful symbol of creation… as well as my trustworthy companion… ARISE, OH MIGHTY COLOSSUS!!”

    The skies roared and the foundation of The Sanctuary trembled as Sun called forth the almighty legendary divine beast, The Colossus! What a sight to behold! This mammoth of a being towered over mountains, scaled with ancient ornament which protected his already massive frame. With angelic-like wings, it hovered over Heaven, casting its eclipse upon the arena. Elusive in its presence, it was the cause for the mysterious phenomena occurring on Earth. Though monumental in size, The Colossus had speed beyond any known creature of its size to be spotted easily.

    “Envoy of Hell, behold the symbol of all my strength, honor, and endless love! Alongside with my Colossus we shall show you our new level of divine expression!”

    “I have to say, you are more than what I bargained for. You truly live up to your legend. This… now, THIS is what I was after.. A challenge! I will enjoy taking on your Colossus!”

    As soon as Hell’s forefather finished his last word, darkness filled the halls of Heaven. It surfaced all the way to the canopy of its highest altars. Then... it gathered, culminating together and manifesting into something of an unknown entity. Sun’s eyes widened with awe. Never in his legacy had he seen anything like this before. It felt like something of another dimension. The darkness rose and grew in size. It matched the size of The Colossus, then materialized to its final form. Its limbs were formed of skulls from those fallen of Void's time. It spawned wings composed of those distraught who had experienced great pain and heartbreak. Sun was filled with a haunting chill throughout his being. He recalled seeing similar faces on Earth during his time. These were the souls he had reached through his art work. The Envoy of Hell had captured their torment and manipulated its emotion into this fallen angel of dismay.

    “This… oh mighty angel of Heaven is my very own titan… it is the result and offspring of love and disappointment emoted by the denizens of our planet. Beacon of light, champion of Earth, this is the result of your people.. And my mightiest execution of the dark arts. It is named... 

Sorrow.”

No comments:

Post a Comment