Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chapter V: "Heaven Meets Hell"

The snow white walls of The Sanctuary echoed the essence of thought and emotion magnified through the ages. At its alter stood Sun. His presence resonated throughout the corridors of Heaven and gleamed down delightfully upon his beloved Earth. A subtle smile lay posed upon his peaceful face. His awesome physique, caressed by the angelic silks of a gentle winter’s hue. Layered in addition was he by the threads of a beautiful midnight sky’s aura. Gleaming within his divine garb were his glorious wings, composed of radiant light and satin feather. Where Sun stepped path, the glow of his holy aura followed and emanated with such brilliance. He was an unimaginable sight to behold.

As Sun leaned toward the peak of his sky-bound fortress, he nodded slowly with confirmation that the time had come. He sensed that his prayer’s answer had finally arrived at Heaven’s gates. Indeed, there was a new presence within these walls. As Sun turned to face his destiny he remembered in a holy instant all that had surpassed culminating to this moment.

“ I’ve been expecting you… welcome. Tell me, what brings you to Heaven's Sanctuary?”

“ Hmph.. So, you are the infamous Sun..? I have heard tales of your legend for the longest time now. I did not think you actually existed. Ha! Their stories were true… for once, they did not disappoint me.” 

“You have come from Earth then foreign traveler. Tell me of your tale and purpose within these walls.” 

“I have dedicated my entire life to the achievement of my creative prowess, much like you have. I have reveled in my ability to surpass each subsequent level of mastery within my craft. When I had reached the pinnacle of my skills I hungered for more. My wish has been to forever behold an infinite kaleidoscope of evolution. In this quest I scoured the Earth’s four corners for that.. that something. That force which would push my limits and forge me unto a new creation.. even if it meant my own demise. Whether through the magnificence of life’s birth or through its agonizing death, I thirst for that new level. That, oh pretentious one… is what brought me here.”

    “Intriguing. Your story fascinates me as does your desire. You have certainly arrived at the proper destination. In fact, I have sensed your arrival for quite some time now… with the help of a friend. Tell me, traveler... I know that you are of Earth, but I am aware you are of a similar energy to mine. What is it, that you champion? What do you hold as your innermost drive within your deepest realm of being? 

“You know much about me, Sun. I thought I was the one scouting you, here. You’ve done well in your observations. I shall amuse you, if you insist. During my life on Earth I have surpassed many endeavors and struggles within. For so long were my creations admired and made popular, but they were often misunderstood and feared. Nothing disdained me more than the denial of my free will upon the canvas. To hinder one's senses, to minute meaning upon life's experiences.. this to me was the birth of sin upon this planet. Many labels and misjudgments were placed upon my works, but none held a candle to the craft sewn upon their existence. I halted my interest in what others thought of my birth right and strayed on my own path to freedom. I wanted to live in a world truly free to create anything without limit, without fear. Their words and foolish assumptions kept me down much too long. I would yet have my dream of endless growth and total liberation to express what I am. And then… I heard of you. The almighty Guardian of Heaven, Earth’s greatest creator and once prized champion. I heard the witnessed tales of your divine transition to a higher being. If these were true then I too would attempt the same. I wished to engulf my very being into the depths of a never-ending spiral. To enter the twists and chaotic symphonies of true pain and justice. Nay, I would not create a new Heaven. No.. this was your masterpiece. To answer your question, oh mighty Guardian..  yes, you and I are alike.. but I am also what you are not. I am your day's end, I am the shadow behind your luminosity. Sun, behold the eternal emptiness to your infinite light.. for I am Void, 

The Envoy of Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment