Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chapter X: "Farewell for Now"

Sun had descended upon the soils of his home planet after so long. Alongside him was the ever grand Colossus. They made sure to land in an uninhabited area. The crimson- hued canyons were Sun’s first sight upon landing from the heavens. A swarm of memories rushed through his being as he took it all in. 

“… My home. It is so good to feel you again. Ah, to behold the sights of your majesty, the sweet breeze of your Summer's delight. We are well served that no one is around. Our place of landing was wise, my giant friend. It still puzzles me how you manage to avoid being seen all this time, I commend you nonetheless. I must convey something to you, my trusted companion. This weighs heavily on my heart, but it is something that must be done. We must part ways for now. I must go this alone. In order to truly reach those who are in need of my assistance, I must not alarm them in any way. According to Journey’s counsel, if any were to see you and I associated, it would greatly shock them and thwart our efforts. I know that your concern lies in protecting me, but fear not.. I will be fine. I want you to return to The Sanctuary and assist Journey with whatever he may need. Please heed my request. It is for the best. I do not know when I shall return, but I promise to see you again. I will surely miss you. I want to thank you for always watching over me and being a true friend. I could never forget you, nor will I. We are friends forever…  almighty Colossus, farewell… for now.”

With a melancholic roar of and compliance, the Colossus spread his wings and returned to Heaven.

“Night approaches.. I should take refuge and embark first thing in the morning.”

Just as Sun had descended, so did the day. Morning light awoke him, signaling the first day into his investigation of Void's message.

(.. “I am all alone now. Where to begin..? What to do..? I would be wise in seeking guidance before I begin.”)

(.. “Eternal light… everlasting love.. immortal truth.. I call upon you. It is I.. Sun. I beseech your wisdom and ask for your help. Whether it be channeled through my thoughts, as an emotion in my heart or by a sign embedded upon these lands.. I stand here in wait, open and ready for your response.”)

A sudden glow of celestial light began to orbit the sky. Undoubtedly, this was Sun's answer…

(“ ... My dear Sun... I am aware of your return to Earth and your concern for the people. It would be in your best interest, if you are to truly help those who cry out in pain that you understand them first. Your promise I shall remember beyond eternity... It is to always be with the ones you love. In order to uphold that you would best experience first hand what they feel and create as their life, day after day. You must understand their thought process and why they make the decisions they make repeatedly... for it affects their outcome and destiny... You must remember that all choices and actions are stemmed from two prime seeds: love or fear. What their purpose are is not always understood, but allow me if you will to guide you towards the path in which you ask. Sun, I have a story to tell you.. Would you have interest in hearing it..?”)

(".. Indeed.. I trust in its purpose. ”)

(“Very well. This is the story of…

 the two little souls…”)

No comments:

Post a Comment