Sunday, November 14, 2010

Colossal Contest CLUE #1

(Extended article taken from "The Gilde", newspaper)

...the Colossus had been sighted by a number of modern day artists throughout the city of New York. One artist in particular, Niles Willow was startled nearly into exasperation upon viewing this beast.

His claim is that this creature was of massive proportions.. at least 7 stories high, definitely larger than any Earthly land animal. It knew where it was going.. it seemed almost as if it were searching for something.. or someone. The beast stopped and quickly glanced at Niles for a moment, then took off.

We interviewed Mr. Willow and asked him to describe this giant's appearance to the best of his recollection. Willow said, " I understand the exterior criticisms and concerns in regards to my witness of such a phenomenal claim. However, this is no claim.. it is fact. I know what I saw. I know what I heard. I was walking towards St. Patrick's Church about to take a picture of it for my painting references. This was around midnight. Oddly enough there weren't many people around at all.. it was unusually barren. Then, as I focused my lens I saw a shadow hovering over the already night-lit cathedral. I took my camera away from my eyes.. I didn't believe what I saw. It took my mind about 10 seconds to even process what my eyes had never before seen. I remember clearly seeing what I can best describe as a giant. It had fur-like texture from its silhouette. Its hands were overwhelming in their immensity as they grazed over the church's top. It noticed me...  it stared at me.. its candle-like eyes focused, then they quickly calmed. It looked up to they sky and took off. Yes, it had wings. A distant roar trembled from atop the moon's reflected light as I gazed the last prominent  glimpse of this titan. What can I say about this whole occurrence.. ? It was beyond surreal. I felt as if it were looking for something, or rather someone. I say this because it looked straight into my eyes.. it felt no fear. It was a soothing look, but not a conclusive reaction. I wasn't who it was looking for. It spread its massive wings.. they reminded me of an eagle's wings.. or better yet, an angel's. What business this beast had at St. Patrick's Church is beyond me.. this is all beyond my knowing. I feel as an artist very lucky, but filled with a responsibility to share this with the world.. especially all other artists. We, as artist should make haste and pay tribute to this divine visit, for I feel that this is a signal of great changes upon the horizon. We would be wise to keep a high awareness before we are all swept away into a darkness of obscurity."

Ever since Willow's encounter he has been the source of mass media attention. He has been away at his studio for weeks now. He released a statement saying that he is working on recapturing through his artistic ability what he saw that night. Niles also stated that he will disperse public releases of these works in the weeks ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment